Centre for Quality Assurance was officially established on November 1st, 2015 with the appointment of Prof. Dr. M. Iqbal bin Saripan as the first Director. Based on the minutes of JPU 542.03, CQA had been entrusted as one-stop centre for quality and accreditation in UPM. At this point, the quality certification and accreditation in UPM includes:
1. Quality Certifications
a. ISO QMS
b. ISO/IEC ISMS
c. ISO EMS
d. 5S/Creative and Innovative Group (KIK)/Awards
2. Accreditation Certifications
a. Self-Accreditation (internal and external)
b. Laboratory Accreditation
Referring to the letter of appointment of the Director, CQA is placed under direct supervision of Vice Chancellor to meet the academic needs of Malaysian Qualifications (MQA) (for the purpose of the Self-Accreditation).
Before the establishment of CQA, UPM quality activities were conducted separately by Corporate Strategy and Communications Office, Academic Governance Division and Graduate School for the academic quality, and Quality Management Division for the quality of services.
The establishment of CQA is significant in order to reassess the Quality Assurance System (QA System) with the hope for better organization and efficiency.
CQA is responsible to:
- Plan, implement and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), including QMS MS ISO 9001, ISMS ISO/IEC 27001 and EMS ISO 14001.
- Plan, implement and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the Self Accreditation.
- Plan, implement and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of Laboratory Accreditation.
- Serve as liaison with external parties in conducting quality assurance agenda.
Updated:: 02/02/2016 [t_rozi]
Level 4, The Office of The Deputy Vice Chancellor
(Research & Innovation) Building,
Off Highway Sillicon,
43400 UPM Serdang,